- "Teddy is loafing around!"
- ―Emile quoting the game message in a funny voice, when Truant is activated
Pokémon Emerald Edit
She was captured as a Slakoth.
Teddy evolved into a Vigoroth.
Teddy evolved into a Slaking. Additionally, Emile also gave Teddy Hyper Beam in order to do a very powerful and abusive strategy throughout Emile's adventure.
Pokémon Platinum Edit
Emile, in order to show off Pal Park, transferred and re-captured his team from Pokémon Emerald, including Teddy.
Other Appearances Edit
Teddy participated in the titular battle.
- Yawn (Episode 3 - Present)
- Hyper Beam (Episode 33 - Present)
- Shadow Ball (Episode ? - Present)
- Return (Episode ? - Present)
- Scratch (Episode 3 - Episode 12)
- Encore (Episode 4 - Episode 12)
- Fury Swipes (Episode 12 - Episode 13)
- Slack Off (Episode 6 - Episode 33)
- Faint Attack (Episode 12 - Episode ?)
- Strength (Episode 13 - Episode ?)
Nickname Origin Edit
YouTuber Darkness1049, a1joryj, and others tried requesting Teddy's name to be Bread as a pun for, "Bread is loafing around." However, they failed and Teddy was chosen instead.
- A catchphrase that involved Teddy was when Teddy loafed around every other turn due to her ability Truant, Chuggaaconroy would often say "Teddy is loafing around!" in a silly voice.
- Teddy was named after Chugga's cat, Teddy, who is named after the character Teddy from Mother.
- Teddy has sadly passed away during the production of the Platinum Let's Play.
- Chugga caught Slakoth as a challenge for the Let's Play due to Slakoth being weak and its ability Truant.
- Slaking is Emile's only team member that has a Base Stat Total of 670.
- Slaking is Emile's first team member to have a hindering ability.
- Chugga considered renaming Teddy because the fact that his cat, Teddy, is male while his Pokémon Teddy was female was bothering him.
- Whenever Chugga used Hyper Beam after Episode 36, he would yell, "NOSE LASER!"
- Chugga used his PP ups on Teddy's Hyper Beam to reach 8 Power Points, and equipped Teddy a Silk Scarf to even further increase Hyper Beam's power by 10%. Between STAB and 10% boost from Silk Scarf, it reaches to 247.5 Base Power.
- Despite that Hyper Beam is terrible in that one must have to spent a turn to recharge, Chugga abuses the shift battle style after KOing something at full health that is not a Rock, Steel, or Ghost Type. In addition, Hyper Beam at the time was Physical before Diamond and Pearl where it became a Special move.
- Rock and Steel Type Pokemon resist Normal-type moves like Hyper Beam, while Ghost Types are outright immune to it (an immunity that goes the other way as well, Ghost-type moves being unable to harm Normal-type Pokemon like Teddy).
- Emile did gave Teddy Brick Break to deal with Rock and Steel types. However, Teddy has no way to deal with Ghost Types since Fighting also does nothing to Ghost.
- The first time Chugga used Hyper Beam, he yelled, "IMAFIREINMAHLAZAH!", an old joke from the past.
- It took him over 30 minutes to find Teddy at Petalburg Woods, despite having a 5% encounter rate.
- At first he thought he might regret using Teddy, but in the end he enjoyed it.
- In the Gym battle vs. Wattson, Teddy won against Wattson's Voltorb and Manectric but didn't actually cause the knockout either time (Voltorb used Self-Destruct and Manectric fell to an earlier burn). This marks the only time one of Chugga's members has been the victor of multiple matches in one Gym battle without getting a true KO.
- Teddy, along with Emile's other Pokemon from Emerald, has been migrated to his Platinum Let's Play file.