"It Takes Two, Tatanga!" is the series premiere, and series finale, of Super Mario Land.
"We finish this quest once and for all!"
- "Once upon a time, there was a peaceful world called Sarasaland. In this world there were 4 kingdoms named Birabuto, Muda, Easton and Chai. One day, the skies of Sarasaland were suddenly covered by a huge black cloud. From a crack in this cloud, the unknown space monster Tatanga emerged to try to conquer Sarasaland. Tatanga hypnotized the people of all the kingdoms so that he could control them in any way he liked. In this way he took over Sarasaland. Now, he wants to marry Princess Daisy of Sarasaland and make her his queen. Mario came to know of these events, and he has started on a journey to the Chai Kingdom where Princess Daisy is held captive, in order to restore peace to Sarasaland. Can Mario defeat Tatanga, release people from his interstellar hypnosis, and rescue Princess Daisy? It's all up to you and Mario's skill. Go for it Mario!"
- ―Backstory from the instruction booklet
In order to save Daisy, Mario (Emile) must make his way through all of the four kingdoms, defeating the enemies that inhabit them. The four kingdoms are led by the Sphinx King Totomesu, sea dragon Dragonzamasu, moai Hiyoihoi, and cloud Biokinton. After beating Biokinton, Mario, in his plane the Sky Pop, must battle Tatanga himself in his heavily armed ship, the Pagosu. After defeating Tatanga, Mario rescues Daisy and the two ride off together in a spaceship.
- As the only episode of the April Fool's series Super Mario Land, this episode is the only video to be the only main episode of a main Chuggaaconroy LP.
- Only appearance of bosses Totomesu, Dragonzamasu, Hiyoihoi, Biokinton, and Tatanga.
- Only appearance of vehicles the Marine Pop, the Sky Pop, and the Pagosu.
- The Sky Pop however reappears as one of Yoshi's forms in Yoshi's Woolly World.