Pokémon Platinum is Chuggaaconroy's 31st Let's Play.
It was announced on December 18, 2015, and started on the following day with Episode 1: Rowan a Bodhi. It ended on June 14, 2016 with the Last Episode, almost exactly 6 months later. The Let's Play has 86 videos and has a total length of 33 hours and 37 minutes.
"(December 19th, 2015 - June 14th, 2016)
The journey through Sinnoh with some added snow!"
Main Game Edit
|01||Pokémon Platinum - Episode 1: Rowan a Bodhi||December 19, 2015|
"Our sixth-first Pokémon! ...Or I guess seventh-first if you count Umbreon!"
|02||Pokémon Platinum - Episode 2: Dawning the Tutorials||December 20, 2015|
"We have Sandgem Town explored for us and then set out on the road for the very first time!"
|03||December 21, 2015|
"We explore Jubilife City and its surrounding areas to see what we can find and who we can meet!"
|04||December 22, 2015|
"We set out for Oreburgh City and tackle our first... dungeon?"
|05||December 23, 2015|
"We have a Gym Battle and so much more!"
|06||December 24, 2015|
"We return to Jubilife City and see many things we haven't seen before!"
|07||December 25, 2015|
"We set out for Eterna City, finding another little village along the way!"
|08||December 27, 2015|
"We take on Team Galactic at Valley Windworks and then scour the area for many different rare Pokémon!"
|09||December 27, 2015|
"We get a few more items in Floaroma Town and then set out for Eterna Forest!"
|10||December 28, 2015|
"We enter Eterna Forest, one of the most peaceful areas in Pokémon while simultaneously one of the most encounter-populated!"
|11||December 29, 2015|
"We explore Eterna City and all it has to offer, including a new friend!"
|12||December 30, 2015|
|13||January 8, 2016|
"We explore Sinnoh Underground, this game's really cool thing that never came back!"
|14||January 9, 2016|
"We're joined by a guest to play the inner workings of Sinnoh Underground!"
|15||January 10, 2016|
"We enter Team Galactic's Eterna building to drive them out of town!"
|16||January 11, 2016|
"We finish up things in Eterna City and then hit the road!"
|17||January 12, 2016|
"We enter the main entrance of Wayward Cave and find that WE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLA-NET!!"
|18||January 20, 2016|
"We head out toward Hearthome City now that we've done enough spelunking for at least five Badges!"
|19||January 21, 2016|
"We explore Hearthome City and the many attractions in this city of lights!"
|20||January 26, 2016|
"We take on Hearthome City Gym with a much tougher band of Pokémon than we had for Eterna!"
|21||February 6, 2016|
"We set out of Hearthome City in search of another Gym Leader to best!"
|22||February 7, 2016|
"We arrive in a new town and learn that small towns out in the boonies have a surprising amount of stuff to do!"
|23||February 8, 2016|
"We enter the Lost Tower and then go have some cold ones!"
|24||February 9, 2016|
"We play in the rain as we make our way to a new city!"
|25||February 28, 2016|
"We went shopping, now let's go gambling!"
|26||February 29, 2016|
"We go to Veilstone Gym and then ditch a friend in need to make some scrambled eggs instead!"
|27||March 1, 2016|
"We find ourselves very fortunate that Team Galactic didn't take advantage of their one-day head start!"
|28||March 2, 2016|
"We enter the next city, site of our next Gym battle!"
|29||March 3, 2016|
"We enter this region's Safari Zone and it just about killed my voice to make this!"
|30||March 4, 2016|
"We have our fifth Gym battle and are a terrible friend to Barry because it's time for multi-player!"
|31||March 5, 2016|
"We pursue Team Galactic and then explore a less-populated part of Sinnoh!"
|32||March 6, 2016|
"We explore the Pokémon Mansion and see lots of rare Pokémon!"
|33||March 7, 2016|
"We head to Celestic Town, through some... mildly inconvenient weather!"
|34||March 9, 2016|
"We explore Celestic Town and get into some trouble!"
|35||March 10, 2016|
"We explore some new lands with Surf!"
|36||March 11, 2016|
"We do enough surfing for... 28 minutes!"
|37||March 15, 2016|
"We get to Cah-nah... Can... Nah... Lave... Lah-Vey... Some new city!"
|38||Pokémon Platinum - Episode 38: Iron Men||March 16, 2016|
"We meet a fellow trainer who teams up with us for a little while!"
|39||March 17, 2016|
"We fight a man who doesn't let his appearance define his personality!"
|40||March 18, 2016|
"We see why I don't have my own cooking show as we explore the surprisingly deep mechanics of Berries!"
|41||March 21, 2016|
|42||March 22, 2016|
"We head to Lake Verity to see what Team Galactic is up to!"
|43||March 23, 2016|
"We begin an arduous journey to the north of the Sinnoh mainland!"
|44||March 24, 2016|
"We explore truly the best of all areas in the Pokémon series!"
|45||March 25, 2016|
"We explore Snowpoint City and challenge the Gym Leader!"
|46||March 31, 2016|
"We make a return to Hearthome City and get into what the city is known for! ...Other than magical muffins, that is!"
|47||April 1, 2016|
"We rush to help Barry out! ...But get ripped off, so we make our own fun instead!"
|48||April 6, 2016|
"We get lost in Team Galactic's headquarters!"
|49||April 7, 2016|
"We reach the end of Galactic HQ!"
|50||April 10, 2016|
"We climb the center of Sinnoh!"
|51||April 11, 2016|
"We fight through waves of Team Galactic to reach the boss..."
|52||April 12, 2016|
"Reality is tearing at the seams..."
|53||April 13, 2016|
"We end this!"
|54||April 14, 2016|
"We get our team ready for some tough battles and then visit a lake!"
|55||April 15, 2016|
"We take on Uxie at Lake Acuity!"
|56||April 16, 2016|
"We learn more of Sinnoh's history and then hunt down the final Lake Pokémon!"
|57||April 17, 2016|
"We set out for the site of our final Gym Battle!"
|58||April 18, 2016|
"We explore a rather boppin' city!"
|59||April 19, 2016|
"We go to Sunyshore Gym and challenge Volkner for our final Sinnoh Gym Badge!"
|60||April 30, 2016|
"We remember a part of the Pokémon series that died with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."
|61||May 1, 2016|
"We go on the road to Victory Road!"
|62||May 2, 2016|
"We make the walk that all masters must take!"
|63||May 3, 2016|
"We power through the rest of Victory Road!"
|64||May 4, 2016|
"We begin our challenge of the Elite Four!
Alternative episode title: Aaron Grievances!"
|65||May 5, 2016|
"We challenge the next two members of the Elite Four!"
|66||May 6, 2016|
"The final battle!"
|67||May 7, 2016|
"We begin our second journey through Sinnoh to see all that's changed!"
|68||May 13, 2016|
"Either we get run into the ground by this mechanic, or we run this mechanic into the ground!"
|69||May 14, 2016|
"We explore some new lands near Canalave City!"
|70||May 15, 2016|
"We explore two caves! One is a separate reality and the other... isn't!"
|71||May 17, 2016|
"We find a white rock. Yeah, that's about it!"
|72||May 22, 2016|
"We visit a new land and vacation in a very missed location!"
|73||June 1, 2016|
"We make our way to the second town on this northern island!"
|74||June 2, 2016|
"We explore two new routes to see what lies to the north! The title will make a lot of sense, trust me!"
|75||June 3, 2016|
"We head for the next town through the volcanic area of this island!"
|76||June 4, 2016|
"We explore Stark Mountain and see what Team Galactic is doing here! ...And how they still exist without a leader."
|77||June 5, 2016|
"We explore Stark Mountain! ...Again!"
|78||June 6, 2016|
|79||June 8, 2016|
"We head back to Pal Park and do all the remaining things there are to do there!"
|80||June 9, 2016|
"We go around to the little places and people that slipped between the cracks!"
|81||June 10, 2016|
"We head to Celestic Town to learn about any more Sinnoh history we have yet to find!"
|82||June 13, 2016|
"We fly... a lot! Okay, we see everything we haven't seen, per your requests!"
|83||June 14, 2016|
"We defend our title of Sinnoh Champion!"
|84||September 30, 2016|
"Let's build a new team!"
|85||October 1, 2016|
"....Let's build an actually good new team!"
|86||January 23, 2017|
"We take a being of legend from the mythical land of Toys R Us who will allow us to fight three hidden bosses!"
Pokémon Obtained Edit
Main Team Edit
- Bodhi the Torterra
- Acrobat the Crobat
- Supernova the Clefable
- Psythe the Gallade
- Vanity the Milotic
- Eidolon the Dusknoir
Other Pokémon Edit
- Derpidius the Bidoof
- Captured in Episode 2: Dawning the Tutorials
- Captured in Episode 4: Route or Burgh?
- Captured in Episode 8: The Wind Worker
- Captured in Episode 12: Tending to Gardenia.
- Derpidius the Bibarel
- Captured in Episode 18: Simply a Catch.
- Captured in Episode 22: Quantum of Solaceon.
- Captured in Episode 21: With Us in Spiritomb.
- Obtained in Episode 25: Gambling Problems.
- Captured in Episode 27: The Dawn of Time.
- Unown (28x)
- Sweet Ride
- Obtained as Capture in "Episode 81: Out of Time, Out of Place" using a Luxury ball.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about one or more Let's Plays/Collabs.
- "D'oh!" every time he needed to correct something on-screen. (Multiple Episodes)
- Joking about Dawn's hat.
- Emile's dislike of Jubilife TV and its reporters (Multiple Episodes)
- Talking "excited" in bios about former mediocre Pokemon who finally got a useful evolution in 4th Generation (eg. Yanma, Swinub, Sneasel, Tangela) (Multiple Episodes)
- Each Hiker's eyes bulging every time Emile takes 2 steps away from him. (Multiple Episodes)
- Learning he needed a new Bidoof. (Episode 4: Route or Burgh?)
- "Marriland was here, Chugga's a loser." (Episode 5: Roark the Dragon)
- Right back at you, Marriland, from anonymous.
- Cleffa and Golbat evolving minutes apart. (Episode 15: Ascending to Jupiter)
- Would later happen again during the next Pokemon LP in Episode 22.
- In Oreburgh Mine he used a Repel. One step after it wore off, he encountered a wild Geodude.
- "Look at those encounters!!!" (Episode 32: Maid with Love)
- Emile and all of his Berries.
- Losing to Crasher Wake, his first on-screen loss to a Gym Leader in a Pokémon LP. (Episode 30: Crashing and Burning)
- Chugga's reaction to the man wanting to see a Pokémon at Level 94. (Episode 35: Riding the Beaver)
- Chugga's impersonation of Dan Green's voice of Byron. (Episode 39: I LOVE BYRON!)
- The sheer intensity of Chugga vs Yoshiller. (Episode 40: Huffin' and Poffin)
- Barry's PTSD from waiting too long. (Episode 41: Lake Inferior)
- Emile's rush to save the day being interruptied by Tuber Jared (Episode 41: Lake Inferior)
- "Now is not the time to be born, Riolu!" (Episode 43: Feeble Grind)
- Aura meaning whatever the writers want. (Episode 43: Feeble Grind)
- Emile's small scream when he found the Feebas in only two columns (Episode 43: Feeble Grind)
- Emile's in-game trade Haunter with an Everstone rant (Episode 45: Snowpoint-less)
- Emile going up to Cyrus' microphone and going "TEAM GALACTIC SMELLS" (Episode 49: Head Honchkrow)
- The story of the two Shiny Gravelers in a row that both used Self-Destruct on turn one (Episode 50: Coronet Rock)
- In the final battle against Cyrus, Emile's lowest-leveled Pokémon, and the last one standing, Vanity, surviving with 4 HP to win the battle (Episode 52: Distortion World)
- Catching Giratina in a Heal Ball (Episode 53: Giratina)
- Emile trying desperately to capture Mesprit. (Episode 56: Emotion VS Logic)
- Talking about the logistics of cooking and eating a Wingull (Episode 61: Jasmine Water)
- The Kanto Bird Migration of 2016 (Episode 68: Bird Migration)
- Using rock climb and running into 2 trainers before he could move
- @roselii49's fanart for every damn episode, always retweeted by Chugga
- Dialga caught in a Luxury Ball and Palkia in a Heal ball.
- Emile comments that Sandslash's anatomy looked terrible.
- Emile once uploaded videos of Pokémon Platinum in 2008-2009, filmed with a camcorder, showing himself battling his rival, Team Galactic, Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, and Frontier Brains as well as capturing legendary Pokémon. These have since been removed because he has stated that they were a "couple of tutorial videos". He has since re-uploaded these.
- Because of this, as well as Emile's history of Pokémon Let's Plays being in chronological order, this was a highly-anticipated LP.
- Pokémon Platinum contains the 5th most episodes of any main LP, behind Xenoblade Chronicles, Mother 3 (108 episodes), EarthBound (99 episodes), and Animal Crossing: New Leaf (96 episodes). It is tied with Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, with 86 episodes.
- It is Emile's first Pokemon LP where he uses more than 1 Pokemon with a unique type combination, and is to date, the LP where he has the most.
- Memorable moments he recounted from playing Diamond include:
- Skipping the Wayward Cave and not going there until the Post-game.
- Forgetting to heal up his Pokemon before a rival battle (the 3rd battle, near Route 209) he then lost that battle
- He also stated that to this day, he will never understand why the Surfing speed in Diamond/Pearl went like the walking speed.
- This and Pokémon Black & White are his only Pokémon Let's Plays where he doesn't have a Fire type, this is possibly due to Sinnoh's lack of Fire types.
- Because of this, in Episode 36, he stated Magmortar is a "bizarre" Fire type, and he also considered using Houndoom, as stated on Episode 27.
- After Emile said it was good and one of his personal favorites in 2 previous Let's Plays (Pokémon Emerald and XD), many people thought he would use Roserade until he chose Turtwig as his Grass type.
- Emile uses 4 Pokémon that are the Aces of several bosses throughout the series.
- Crobat is used by Elite Four Koga (GSC/HGSS)
- Gallade is used by Elite Four Lucian (DPPt) and Wally (ORAS, in place of RSE's Gardevoir likely due to ORAS debuting a Gallade Mega Evolution)
- Milotic is used by Gym Leader/Champion Wallace (RSE/ORAS)
- Dusclops/Dusknoir is used by Elite Four Phoebe (RSE/ORAS)
- Pokémon considered by Emile for his team include Gastrodon, and more.
- Common team member predictions included Magmortar, Yanmega, Milotic, Porygon-Z, Froslass, Lucario, Weavile, Electivire, Absol (ala-Pandora from Emerald), and Dusknoir, however Chugga stated on Episode 21 that "Duskull isn't very good as a Duskull and is so difficult to be used". Emile previously considered using Dusclops in Emerald and XD: Gale of Darkness
- Unexpectedly, Dusclops in its evolved form was later revealed to be the 6th team member, nicknamed Eidolon.
- Emile's team all comprise of 3 Pokemon introduced in Sinnoh, and 3 introduced in Gens 1, 2, and 3, and also of 3 who are obtainable in Diamond/Pearl and 3 who are obtainable in Platinum.
- All of Emile's team evolve into their final forms in different ways;
- Bodhi evolved via level-up (as all Starter Pokemon do)
- Acrobat evolved via Happiness
- Supernova evolved via a Moon Stone.
- Psythe evolved via a Dawn Stone, only if a male Kirlia
- Vanity evolved via Contest stats (Max Beauty)
- Eidolon evolved through trading, while holding a certain item (Reaper Cloth).
- Oddly, the the members of the main team seem to parallel the the members of Emile's FireRed team.
- Bodhi and Bulbapedia: Both are bulky quadruped Grass Starters that are dual-typed in their final form.
- Acrobat and Khold: Both are X/Flying types which are not the "common bird" in the respective region.
- Supernova and Meow Mix: Both are Normal types (pre Gen 6, Clefable's line become pure Fairy type) which are relatively popular at a stage in their line. (Clefairy and Meowth)
- Psythe and Mimien: Both are pure Psychic types in their original gen, who later gained access to secondary types in a later generation. (Fighting for Psythe after Gen III, Fairy for Mimien in Gen VI)
- Vanity and Tessie: Both are Water types that are good in terms of HP and Sp. Def.
- Eidolon and RK9: Have the least parallels, though they do both evolve through item-related evolutions.