Pokémon, otherwise known as Pocket Monsters, are a type of creature which are the main focus of the Pokémon Series. They appear in every Pokémon game, and there are over 720 known species of Pokémon.
Pokémon Series[edit | edit source]
Pokémon are the main focus of the Pokémon series of video games, anime, trading cards, manga, toys and other merchandise. They are that universe's equivalent to animals, but some are based on plants or inanimate objects. They are treated in different ways depending on the person, but they commonly serve as pets, friends, or battling partners.
LP and Collab Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Pokémon FireRed (GBA)
- Pokémon Crystal (GBC)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
- Pokémon Emerald (GBA)
- Pokémon Colosseum (GCN)
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN)
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Invitational Tournament (Wii U)
- Pokémon Platinum (DS)
Mentions[edit | edit source]
Emile and Tim discuss the Pokémon Shedinja.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rhydon is belived to be the first Pokémon designed.
References[edit | edit source]
- "[There are] 725 known species of creatures that inhabit the Pokémon world" - Bulbapedia
- "While most Pokémon resemble animals and may behave like them, there are many that do not resemble animals at all; taking on other forms such as plants, inanimate objects, machines, human-like forms or other more enigmatic and exotic appearances." - Bulbapedia
- "Many people in the Pokémon world take Pokémon with them on a journey to gather Badges and compete in the various Pokémon Leagues as Trainers, using them in battles against Pokémon both owned by other Trainers and found in the wild. [There are] Pokémon Contests were introduced in which Trainers can compete with their Pokémon as an alternative to battling." - Bulbapedia
- "According to interviews with Ken Sugimori (translation), Rhydon was the first Pokémon ever created. This is further supported as its index number is 001 in Generation I, as well as early sketches from Capsule Monsters featuring Rhydon." - Bulbapedia