Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness[edit | edit source]
Chugga snagged Spheal from Blusix. He was temporarily named Mah Ball the following episode. He evolved into Sealeo in Episode 25, and evolved into Walrein in Episode 39. In Episode 26, tons of people, particularly Rebeca Nicholson and SmirnoffJoe, gave him the final name of Mah Stache because it is a pun of "moustache." It's in tune with his former name.
Moves[edit | edit source]
Current Moves[edit | edit source]
- Ice Beam (Episode 19 - Bonus 5)
- Water Pulse (Episode 19 - Bonus 5)
- Rain Dance (Episode 34 - Bonus 5)
- Blizzard (Episode 16 - Bonus 5)
Previous Moves[edit | edit source]
- Mud-Slap (Episode 7 - Episode 8)
- Body Slam (Episode 8 - Episode 16)
- Aurora Beam (Episode 7 - Episode 19)
- Water Gun (Episode 7 - Episode 19)
- Charm (Episode 7 - Episode 34)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mah Stache's role is mainly for tanking Shadow moves incredibly well due to its all around bulk while having Voltaire paralyze the Shadow Pokemon with Thunder Wave. Offensively, it does a solid job dealing Water and Ice type damage while providing Rain support for Voltaire if it needs to use Thunder.
- He gave him the temporary name of "MAH BALL" until he evolved, which he had the viewer based contest. This is likely a reference to Lucahjin, who has used a similar name of "MY BALLS" in several of her LP's.
- As a Spheal it also looked like a ball, which might have also been involved in determining its original name
- Chugga freaked out when Mah Ball used Charm for the first time, noting how cute it looked. "AWWW!!! Oh my god, Spheal claps like a seal when it uses Charm attack and it... it it's trying to look cute... that is adorable!!! It looks cute to use Charm so it claps like a little seal awwww. That is so cute! Ok that definitely caused my Attack stat to harshly fall."
- Mah Stache is the second longest evolution that Emile uses, behind Volvagia.
- Mah Stache is the only Water type that does not have Surf.
- In fact, Mah Stache is the only Water type that uses Blizzard due to Double Battles being a common type of battle in XD, hitting both opponents in a Double Battle.
- Many, many, seal puns.
- Despite this Chugga never said the common phrase "Spheal with it."