Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the 32nd collab by TheRunawayGuys. It has a runtime of 5 hours, 16 minutes, and 42 seconds.
This was the second collab to feature Stephen, the first being The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures.
Description[edit | edit source]
- "Yet another great game that's hard to play because it required $600 worth of stuff to fully enjoy! We're here with guest StephenPlays to show you what it's capable of. This is an open-world Kirby experience where you can be as helpful to others or as independent as you wish!"
- ―Kirby and the Amazing Mirror collab playlist description
Plot[edit | edit source]
This section is primarily transcribed from the Kirby Wikia
There is a land called the Mirror World that exists high in the skies of Dream Land. It is a world where any wish reflected in the mirror will come true. One day, however, it only copies evil minds, and rapidly changes the world into a world of evil as a result. Meta Knight notices this and recognizes this as a threat to not only the Mirror World itself, but also to his native Dream Land, and visits the Mirror World to save the two worlds.
Meanwhile, Kirby is taking a walk, when Dark Meta Knight—an evil Mirror World version of Meta Knight—appears. Before Kirby can react, Dark Meta Knight slices Kirby into four differently-colored Kirbys: Pink Kirby (Jon), Yellow Kirby (Stephen), Green Kirby (NCS), and Red Kirby (Emile). At this point, the Kirbys have to share the same Warp Star. The four Kirbys chase after Dark Meta Knight and enter the Mirror World.
The two Meta Knights fight each other, but the real Meta Knight is defeated. He is knocked into the Dimension Mirror, which is then cut into eight fragments by Dark Meta Knight. Those fragments are then scattered across the Mirror World. It's up to Kirby and his new friends to save Meta Knight, the Mirror World, and Dream Land.
The Kirbys decide to venture through the Mirror World, and they collect and reunite the Mirror Shards, so that they can gain access to the area where Meta Knight is being held and defeat Dark Meta Knight (as well as the mastermind behind the events of the game, Dark Mind). At the end, all the Kirbys have their own Warp Stars, showing that they are each heroes in their own right.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
Memorable Moments[edit | edit source]
- Tim accidentally throwing away the Master weapon on the final boss.
- The return of Jon hoarding lives (from New Super Mario Bros Wii most memorably), only for the others to start annoying him for them
- The return of Stephen and bombs (from Four Swords Adventure)
- Emile not opening the gate for world 7.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The entire collab was recorded October 21st, 2018. The day was chronicled in the StephenVlog episode Bengay • 10.21.18.
- Jon is Player 1 this time because there is no blue Kirby, the second time someone other than Emile is Player 1 in an LP with Stephen (Tim was player 1 in Four Swords Adventure because player 1 in that game is green)
- See also: this page on the Stephen Wiki.