Kappa, along with the rest of the Emerald team, was later transferred to Pokémon Platinum through the Pal Park.
Pokémon Emerald Edit
He first appeared, and was captured, in "Episode 2" as a Lotad. He evolved into a Lombre in "Episode 5" and evolved into a Ludicolo in "Episode 41" with a Water Stone that was obtained by trading a Blue Shard found at Route 124 for a Water Stone.
Pokémon Platinum Edit
Emile, in order to show off Pal Park, transferred and re-captured his team from Pokémon Emerald, including Kappa.
Other Appearances Edit
Kappa participated in the titular battle.
- Ice Beam (Episode ? - Present)
- Waterfall (Episode ? - Present)
- Giga Drain (Episode ? - Present)
- Fake Out (Episode ? - Present)
- Growl (Episode 2 - Episode 4)
- Astonish (Episode 2 - Episode 10)
- Absorb (Episode 3 - Episode 13)
- Nature Power (Episode 4 - Episode 22)
- Bullet Seed (Episode 4 - Episode 37)
- Surf (Episode 22 - Episode ?)
Nickname Origin Edit
Kappa was named after the Kappa in Japanese mythology.
It may also come from Ludicolo's German name, Kappalores.
- Kappa is Emile's first Pokémon:
- That he entered in a contest.
- With a unique type combination.
- Kappa is often joked as a Mexican stereotype in the Emerald playthrough due to his appearance.
- Amusingly, Emile counted the times Rayquaza's Pokeball shook during its catch attempt in Spanish because Kappa was on the field. Even more amusing, the catch was successful.
- According to Emile, Kappa looks like a Mexican dancing pineapple with an "Angry Bird" sitting on top of its hat.
- Kappa was the first and last Pokémon on Emile's team to evolve.
- Kappa was also the Pokémon that took the longest to fully evolve in the Pokemon Emerald, spanning 39 episodes.
- In the final battle against Steven, when Kappa is fighting Claydol and Metagross, he scored a lot of critical hits from STAB Waterfall (4 out of 5 times to be exact).
- Ironically, Waterfall is not a High Critical Hit Ratio move.
- Kappa, along with Emile's other Pokemon from Emerald, has been migrated to his Platinum Let's Play file.