Kappa, along with the rest of the Emerald team, was later transferred to Pokémon Platinum through the Pal Park.
Pokémon Emerald[edit | edit source]
He first appeared, and was captured, in "Episode 2" as a Lotad. He evolved into a Lombre in "Episode 5" and evolved into a Ludicolo in "Episode 41" with a Water Stone that was obtained by trading a Blue Shard found at Route 124 for a Water Stone.
Pokémon Platinum[edit | edit source]
Emile, in order to show off Pal Park, transferred and re-captured his team from Pokémon Emerald, including Kappa.
Other Appearances[edit | edit source]
Kappa participated in the titular battle.
Moves[edit | edit source]
Current Moves[edit | edit source]
- Ice Beam (Episode ? - Present)
- Waterfall (Episode ? - Present)
- Giga Drain (Episode 37 - Present)
- Fake Out (Episode ? - Present)
Previous Moves[edit | edit source]
- Growl (Episode 2 - Episode 4)
- Astonish (Episode 2 - Episode 10)
- Absorb (Episode 3 - Episode 13)
- Nature Power (Episode 4 - Episode 22)
- Bullet Seed (Episode 4 - Episode 37)
- Surf (Episode 22 - Episode ?)
Nickname Origin[edit | edit source]
Kappa was named after the Kappa in Japanese mythology.
It may also come from Ludicolo's German name, Kappalores.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kappa is Emile's first Pokémon:
- That he entered in a contest.
- With a unique type combination.
- Kappa is often joked as a Mexican stereotype in the Emerald playthrough due to his appearance.
- Amusingly, Emile counted the times Rayquaza's Pokeball shook during its catch attempt in Spanish because Kappa was on the field. Even more amusing, the catch was successful.
- According to Emile, Kappa looks like a Mexican dancing pineapple with an "Angry Bird" sitting on top of its hat.
- Kappa was the first and last Pokémon on Emile's team to evolve.
- Kappa was also the Pokémon that took the longest to fully evolve in the Pokemon Emerald, spanning 39 episodes.
- In the final battle against Steven, when Kappa is fighting Claydol and Metagross, he scored a lot of critical hits from STAB Waterfall (4 out of 5 times to be exact).
- Ironically, Waterfall is not a High Critical Hit Ratio move.
- Kappa, along with Emile's other Pokemon from Emerald, has been migrated to his Platinum Let's Play file.